Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Week of Prayer


Recently I’ve been convicted of my lacking in the area of praying for others. I have gotten myself caught up in the busyness of life and have found myself praying way too much for ME, ME, and oh did I mention ME!!! Not that praying for myself is a bad thing but, I have realized that I need to step it up a notch in the area of praying for others. I find myself only praying for others when they approach me with a prayer request. Something that I would like to grow in, is asking people much more often then I do now how I can be praying for them.

Today I received an e-mail from a friend asking how she could specifically be praying for me. I thought that was so cool! It was also VERY encouraging, timely, and convicting!

So, I have dedicated this week "a week of prayer" for myself! Hopefully by God’s grace it will not just be this week that I am motivated to pray for others but, something that is a regular part of my daily schedule.

With all that said, I would love to know how I can specifically be praying for YOU! If you don’t feel comfortable letting me know in the comment box, please feel free to send me an e-mail @ CandaceHarrington89@yahoo.com.


1 Thessalonians 5:17- “Pray without ceasing”

Romans 12:12-“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”


“Grant me more and more the privilege of prayer, to come to thee as a sin-soiled sinner, to find pardon in thee, to converse with thee. May the matter of my prayer be always wise, humble, submissive, obedient, and Christ-like.”-Valley of Vission-

Hope you are having a fantastic week full of God’s abundant grace and mercy!

1 comment:

Lana said...

I have also been convicted in this area and am hoping to grow in it. Thanks for humbling sharing this and being such an example.