Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Friday, October 2, 2009

Glories of Calvary

"Christ was all anguish that I might be all joy, cast off that I might be brought in, trodden down as an enemy that I might be welcomed as a friend, surrendered to hell’s worst that I might attain Heaven’s best, stripped that I might be clothed, wounded that I might be healed, athirst that I might drink, tormented that I might be comforted, entered darkness that I might have eternal life. My Saviour wept that all tears be wiped away from my eyes, groaned that I might have endless song, endured all pain that I might have unfading health, bowed His head that I might uplift mine, experienced reproach that I might receive welcome, O Father, who spared not thine only Son that thou could spare me, help me to adore thee by lips and life, O that my every breath might be ecstatic praise, sin buried in the ocean of reconciling blood, hell’s gates closed, heaven’s portal open, O conquering God, show me the cross, mighty to subdue comfort and save."
-Valley of Vision

Isaiah 53:5- “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.”

“My heart is filled with a thousand songs
Proclaiming the glories of Calvary
With every breath Lord how I long
To sing of Jesus who died for me”
-SGM

No comments: