Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Monday, September 28, 2009

He Will Heal…Hosea 6:1

I read the following words from Spurgeon this morning and was greatly encouraged! I pray you are as well!

“I believe that God, who has appointed it, has also measured your trouble, set its bounds, and will bring it to an end. His gracious design is in all your difficulties. Do not think that God deals roughly with His children and gives them needless pain. ‘He does not afflict willingly, nor grieve the children of men.’ (Lam. 3:33). ‘He has torn, but He will heal.’ Has God not helped you out of one trouble after another? Do you suppose that He will leave you in this trouble?

This particular water in which you are struggling, is intended and included in this promise, ‘When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers; they shall not overflow you’ (Is. 43:2).

Ask for grace, that you may believe while you are still under the cloud. Regardless of how dark the cloud, it contains blessings. ‘If the clouds are full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth’ (Eccl. 11:3).”

2 comments:

overthinker said...

aww candace. i needed spurgeon's words so badly today! (and i've been in hosea. crazy.) i hear i might be seeing you soon??!! hopefully so! :)

Candace said...

If you're talking about the trip you'll be making to J-ville a certain weekend in October, then yes dear, you'll be seeing me :) I can't wait to see YOU! YIPEE!