Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Battle for Control

So here I am at the beginning of another year and I’m asking the question, “so God what do you have for me next?” I’ve found myself fighting in the war of the battle for control. I’ve been trying too hard to control my own life instead of surrendering it to God. God in His great mercy has once again convicted me of my sin and has showed me where my thoughts should be. I should be remembering that everything in my future God, in His great sovereignty has already planned for me.

“O God whose will conquers all, There in no comfort in anything apart from enjoying thee and being engaged in thy service; thou art All in all, and all enjoyments are what to me thou makest them, and no more. I am well pleased with thy will, whatever it is, or should be in all respects, and if thou bidst me decide for myself in any affair I would choose to refer all to thee, for thou art infinitely wise and cannot do amiss, as I am in danger of doing. I rejoice to think that all things are at thy disposal, and it delights me to leave them there…. I can of myself do nothing to glorify thy blessed name, but I can through grace cheerfully surrender soul and body to thee.” –Valley of Vission-

“Surrender is not the surrender of the external life, but of the will; when that is done, all is done. There are very few crises in life; the great crisis is the surrender of the will.” –Oswald Chambers-

Take all I am, Lord, and all that I cling to
You are my Savior I owe everything to
Take all the treasures that lie in my storehouse
They cannot follow when I enter Your house

Take all my cravings for vain recognition
Fleshly indulgence and worldly ambition
I want so much Lord to make You the focus
To serve You in secret and never be noticed

Take all my hunger for all that’s forbidden
Every desire and sin I keep hidden
Search me and know me I want to bring to You
A life that is holy and sanctified through You


Father as I sit before your feet I am convicted and thankful for the grace and mercy you have one again bestowed upon me . May I be someone that surrenders my entire life to you and be one that says “not my will but thine be done.”

Daily Bible Verse:

Psalm 17:5-" My steps have held fast to your paths; my feet have not slipped."

2 comments:

Lana said...

Candace, thank you for your humility in sharing what the Lord is doing in your life. We can all struggle with trusting God with our future, but that is the safest place our future can be!

overthinker said...

Yes Candace, thank you for your transparency. I was especially encouraged as I was convicted a few weeks ago of the same thing. While it didn't relate to my future, I was taking things (attempting, actually)into my own hands rather than trusting Him.

Keep up the good work of pursuing holiness. "run with endurance."