Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Making a Beginning

This morning I was thinking once again of how great God’s grace is and how wonderfully reassuring it is to know that I have God’s firm foundation to lean on. I never have to worry or be anxious because God is already there and already has a plan for me. But this always isn't the case. Because of my sinful nature I need to remind myself at times of this truth.

“Before a man begins building he must make sure of the foundation. Jesus made this simple enough to understand in his story of the two men who built houses, one on rock, one on sand. We all know what happened in the storm.. The stability of one house is the picture of the man who hears the Word of God and does it.” –Elizabeth Elliot-

The hymn below has reminded me once again who my firm foundation is to be….

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus' Name

When darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood
When all around my soul gives way
He then is all my Hope and Stay

When He shall come with trumpet sound
Oh may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless to stand before the throne

Oh Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

For me, the road may have varying degree of difficulty. But the pioneer has traveled it before me. There will be no ravines he cannot cross. He knows the way; he has been over every foot of it, This God is our God, He will be our guide.


Daily Bible Verse:

Psalm 139:23-24-“Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there may be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”