Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Sunday, May 24, 2009

NEXT Day #2

Today, during the first session we heard a message from D.A. Carson. He spoke out of John 1. It was incredible, but I will say a lot of what he said flew over my head, so I’m going to have to go back and listen to that one again.

Tonight we heard Kevin DeYoung speak an excellent message on the life of Jesus. He spoke out of Luke 8 and expounded on three different miracles Jesus performed in that text (Calming the sea, healing a demon possessed man, and healing a woman). He challenged all of us to ask the question, do we have faith that Jesus can heal us or rescue us from the battle of certain sin issues? The main thoughts that keep coming back to my mind are “draw near to God and He will draw near to you,” “The gospel is not what I have done for God, but what He has done for me,” and “The problem isn’t that we don’t feel bad about our sin, it’s that we don’t feel bad enough.” Such a wonderful message!

Everything else has been going great! I’m loving this time away of being in the Lord’s presence though worship and prayer, and being able to catch up with the wonderful friends that the Lord has been so gracious to bless me with! He is good and faithful!



No comments: