Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

In Christ Alone- Verse 2

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
1 Peter 3:18- “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.”

This gift of love and righteousness
Romans 5:5- “And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who have been given to us.”

Scorned by the ones He came to save
Matthew 27:29- “And twisting together a crown of thorns, they put it on his head and put a reed in his right hand. And kneeling before him, they mocked him, saying, ‘Hail the King of the Jews’”

Till on that cross as Jesus died
Romans 5:6-8- “For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

The wrath of God was satisfied
Romans 5:9- “Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.”

For ev'ry sin on Him was laid
1 Peter 2:24-25- “He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of you souls.”

Here in the death of Christ I live!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here in the death of Christ I live!!!

Galatians 2:20
"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

The man, in essence, says his new life style is the least he can do. If Christ physical body was sacrificed so that my dead soul might live; and if he has left this earth to prepare a place for me, the least I can do is give Him my body and life to continue carrying out His earthly ministry. Paul’s commitment to conforming his life to the one who gave him life is so fierce that he can say, “it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me”. To live in the death of Christ is surely spiritual grace given to us, yet inseparable from, and eagerly reflected in an earthly life given to Him. Lord thank you for coming and dying that we might have life, and life more abundantly! Amen.

Jawara Jenkins