Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Gift of Family

As I’ve grown up over the years I’ve continually become more grateful for the Lord’s gift of family. Whether there’ve been tears of sorrow or grief, or joy and laughter, God’s used every season my family has walked through to draw us closer to himself and each other.

I was reminded of this precious gift while spending an entire month with them just about every second of the day. We very quickly realized once we left Jacksonville that there weren’t going to be many moments that we had “alone” time.

Some of my favorite times were…
-Staying up way too late in the back of the camper having “pillow talk” with my sisters.
- All of us huffing and puffing as we hiked a trail up to a gorgeous view or overlook of God’s glorious creation.
-Sitting around the campfire to stay warm in the freezing cold weather.

So many memories were made on our trip that I will never forget. I can’t even begin to name them all! I’m increasingly grateful for how the Lord uses each one of my siblings and parents to help sanctify and encourage me. I pray as years go on and my family grows bigger, that our relationships will continue to grow strong and bring much glory to our Heavenly Father.

Thank you, Lord for the wonderful blessing of family!

No comments: