Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Monday, October 29, 2007

Cultivating a Joyful Heart Part 2

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him. John Piper says, “If this is true, that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him, then look what is at stake in the pursuit of joy. The glory of God is at stake. If we say that pursuing joy is not essential, we are saying that glorifying God is not essential.”

Wow! “If we say that pursuing joy is not essential, we are saying that glorifying God is not essential.” This was an eye opener for me. I had never thought of the fact that when I think pursuing joy is not essential, that means that ultimately I’m not glorifying God.

John 15:11 “These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.”

John Piper has once again reminded me that, “God created me so that I might spend eternity glorifying him forever. He also says that, “being satisfied in God is our calling and duty.”

How often have I failed to be delightfully satisfied in God. I have recently found that to get through life there is nothing more important then to have the joy of the Lord as my strength!

Father I pray that you would grant me the grace to have a long and lasting joy in you. I pray that I would be fulfilled by your grace with eyes fixed on the cross daily. Help me to realize that there is no reality more breathtaking then your son Jesus Christ!

Daily Bible Verse....

Psalm 66:1-2-“Shout for joy to God, all the earth; sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious praise!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a really good post Candace! Thank you for encouraging me and showing me why having joy is important.