Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Joy To The World

Lately I’ve been thinking about how busy I’m going to be in the next couple of weeks with stuff going on at work, all the Christmas shopping that needs to be done, all the Christmas parties to prepare for, and a VERY difficult and not very fun test I have to take in a couple of weeks. I was convicted of how my thoughts have been worldly thoughts and how I’ve not been giving my full attention to the time of year it is. This is to be a joyful season of celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. If I remember to give priority to my time in God's Word and to pray, I will find renewed joy each morning. Joy that sticks in the midst of Christmas craziness!

Joy to the world! The Lord is come:
Let earth receive her King.
Let ev'ry heart prepare Him room,
And heaven and nature sing,
And heaven and nature sing,
And heaven and heaven and nature sing.

He rules the world with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness
And wonders of His love,
And wonders of His love,
And wonders, wonders of His love.

As things get busy, let's make sure to keep the spiritual disciplines at the top of our Christmas to do list, and experience true holiday cheer!

Daily Bible Verse:

Psalm 51:12-“Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.”

2 comments:

Katherine Peschau said...

Thanks for sharing! I was actually thinking about that song today, and then we were challenged in homegroup tonight to not just sing the christmas carols but to worship to them because they are so full to truth, love and the gospel! I am SOOOOOOO looking forwarding to seeing you this weekend and having you stay with me :) Yeah! Love you!

overthinker said...

excellent post. it's funny that you posted on what the girltalk blog has been focused on recently: true joy in the christmas season. great minds think alike, eh?
I can't wait to see you either! :)

{{totally off topic. but. i did 3 different dances to joy to the world my first 3 years of dance. to this day, i can't hear the first line without thinking of arabesques. alas. they are good lyrics though...}}