Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Delighting In God's Word

Throughout the New Attitude conference the Lord convicted me of my lacking in studying His word. I might have been reading the Bible daily but I was viewing my time with the Lord as a duty, not a delight. In our community groups on the first morning we meditated on Psalm 119. Here are a few verses that stuck out to me while reading:

V. 2-“Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart.

Vs. 10-11-“With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.”

Vs. 15-16-“I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in you statutes; I will not forget your word.”

Going into the conference I was definitely not someone that was seeking the Lord with my whole heart! In doing so, I was sinning against God and ultimately not honoring Him! My prayer since I returned home from New Attitude is that I would be one that “stores Gods word up in my heart”
With that said… I will share more tomorrow about the plan I have created to help me accomplish “storing God’s word up in my heart.”

No comments: