Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Even So, It is Well With My Soul

The Lord has been so very kind to me over the past few weeks. Every day that goes by I become more aware that the Lord knew I needed these few weeks not just for physical rest, but to find rest in my soul. He has been so kind to meet me even during the most painful times of recovery. I have been overwhelmed by caring words and encouraging e-mails!

I will be the first person to say that the Lord most certainly does use pain and suffering to draw us closer to Himself. How gracious of Him to shower so many blessing upon my life.

During my recovery time I’ve been going through a study titled “Nurturing a Heart of Humility” by Elizabeth George. The study is on the life of Mary and her example of humility. This morning I read through Luke 1:46-55 and was inspired by Mary’s example of magnifying the Lord through prayer. Her prayer overflows with information about God and the wonderful things He does for us!

“A heart of humility is a heart that prays…”

Mary’s Example:

Luke 1:46-55- “My soul magnifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant. God behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed; for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and Holy is his name. And his mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation. He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts; he has brought down the might from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate; he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent empty away. He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy, as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his offspring forever.”

No comments: