Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Monday, July 13, 2009

I Am With You

Last Thursday, I was scanning through Spurgeon’s “Beside Still Waters” and I came across the following quotes. The Lord has been very gracious to refresh my soul through them over the past few days. I pray they encourage you as well.

“There is no burden which, if we lift it cheerfully and bear it with love in our hearts, will not become a blessing to us. God means our tasks to be our helpers; to refuse to bend our shoulders to receive a load, is to decline a new opportunity for growth.” –J.R. Miller

“Blessed is any weight, however overwhelming, which God has been so good as to fasten with His own hand upon our shoulders.” –F.W. Faber

“The burden of suffering seems a tombstone hung about our necks, while in reality it is only the weight which is necessary to keep down the diver while he is hunting for pearls.” –Richter

As some of you know, this Wednesday I will be getting surgery. Please pray that the peace of God would flood my heart, that any fear welling up in my heart would turn into trust, and for strength during the recovery time. I am very excited for the week or two I’ll have to rest and spend time with the Lord. God has ordained this surgery for a purpose and I know much good will come out of it. Thank you!

Isaiah 41:10- "Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold your righteous right hand."

No comments: