Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Delighting in God’s Commandments

Today I was reading in Psalm 119 and came across Verses 47-48, “For I find my delight in your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes.”

I was convicted… I had to ask myself the question, “Do I delight in God’s commandments? Or do I complain about God’s commandments?”

Exodus 12:13-“The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and Keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.”

These verses do not say to choose when I will delight in God’s commandments or ask me what commandments I would like to delight in. They clearly state that we are to obey God’s commandments for they are “the whole duty of man.” I know there are many days that I don’t thank God for the commandments He has set for us. His commandments are not “burdensome” They are for, “everyone who has been born of God” and “it is the duty of man to delight in His commandments!”

1 John 5:3-“For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.”

Father, forgive me for the times I have failed to delight in your precious commandments! May I be one to, “Lift up my hands to your commandments and delight in your statutes.”

1 comment:

Colleen Moore said...

Candace, thank you for your faithfulness to share your walk! You encourage me in ways you would never guess!

Love you sweetie!