Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Girls Night Out

I’ve started taking my little sisters through the book, “Girl Talk” and tonight was our first little meeting. It started with Birthday shopping for my mom at Target then we headed to “Barnes & Nobles” to go over chapter one. First stop, we headed to the “Barnes & Nobles Café” and got us all a Strawberry and Cream Frappuchino. Mmm.... mmm….mmm….delicious! (but not the best idea :/) We then found a little corner in the back of the store to sit and chat. Little did I know that it would turn into a severe sugar rush and lots of giggles. Because of our little sugar rush we had to stop discussion numerous times for some pictures! Let’s just say the girls will be getting sugar free next time.

I’m really looking forward to the future discussions that we will have going through this book as sisters and the memories we will make (like having sugar rushes after drinking frappuchinos). I’m praying that God uses this as a tool to strengthen our relationships even more then they are now. Also, that He would give me much wisdom as I lead my little sisters through this book and that the Lord would use them to convict me of areas in my life that I need to grow in.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious...but SO sweet! It's such a blessing as an older sibling to be able to take your younger siblings out and spend time with them. =) I wish I had little sisters though. =*(
You're such an encouragement, Candace!

overthinker said...

fun time photos. looks like the sugar rush wasn't limited to your sisters...reminds me of a certainbus ride. ;)
way to practice titus 2. keep up the good big sister stuff.

Sharlyn Eddy said...

I have to say that you are such a sweet young lady. What a great role model you are for my daughters. How sweet it is to see a young lady spend time with her sisters and spend time investing in their souls. That you would selflessly spend your evening with the girls shows your heart. I love it!

Sharlyn Eddy