Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Here's a small glimpse....

Of my gratitude for you!

Hi Ladies!

Today I was thinking about how school has just started back up (or is starting soon) and most of you are home schooling your kids. I can’t begin to express my gratitude to you for your faithfulness to God and your children, especially during the school year. In growing up in a home school family I know how hard it is for a mom to stay strong and not want to give up. I can’t express the gratefulness I have in my heart for my parents deciding to home school me. My mom has been so patient and such an example through the years. I can only hope to be the same to my future children. This is coming from someone that most definitely DID NOT enjoy doing school. Please don’t get me wrong, I don’t think there is anything wrong with private/public schools. I know there are many women that would love to be home schooling their children that can’t because of needing to serve your family in other ways. Know that the Lord sees your service to your family and you are glorifying Him!

The other night at my women’s accountability group there were many ladies that were feeling overwhelmed with this new school year coming up. There were also many ladies that were needing to hear direction from the Lord in certain circumstances. I was trying to think of a way I could encourage you all. The Lord has layed SEVERAL verses on my heart to share with you. I’m sure you’ve heard most of them before. Hopefully you’ll find them encouraging and uplifting. Each of you are a blessing to me! Know that I am praying for you all!

Lamentation 3:22-25- “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great it Your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, says my soul. Therefore I will hope in Him. The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seek Him.”

James 1:2-4, 12-“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love Him.”

Matthew 11; 28-30-“Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.”

Psalm 9:9-10-“The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know Your name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.”

Psalm 25:1-2, 4-5-“To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God in you I trust; let me not be put to shame; let not my enemies exult over me. Make me to know Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the joy of my salvation; for You I wait all the day long.”

Psalm 27:12-“Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!”

Psalm 28:7-“The Lord is my strength and my shield; in Him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.”

Psalm 34:8-“Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.”

Psalm 42:11-“Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise Him, my salvation and my God.”

Psalm 59:9, 16-“O my strength, I will watch for You, O God, You are my fortress. My God in His steadfast love will meet me. But I will sing of Your strength; I will sing aloud of Your steadfast love in the morning. For You have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress.”

Psalm 62:5-8-“For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is in Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out Your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.”

3 comments:

Colleen Moore said...

Sweet Candace,

What a tangible evidence that your time in the Word is reaping MUCH fruit! Your post is like a deluge of water being poured into my desert dry throat...THANK YOU! Like I said the other night, God is faithful! And you are being used mightily to work out His faithfulness in our midst. Keep it up!

I love you dearly!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Candace,

Thank you for your service to us. I listened to the recording for our next accountability meeting, and the speaker speaks of women serving other women. I see your diligence in serving the Lord through the study of His Word. I appreciate you being willing for God to use you to provide scripture that would be like a healing ointment at our time of "overwhelming". May God bless you for your service to others, and may I be of service to you in the future.

Margie Fuller

Anonymous said...

Such good posts candace! I've enjoyed reading your blog, and also hearing your comments on our blog "the holiness of God" I'd also love to stay in touch with you via my own personal blog called seed planters http://seedplanters033.blogspot.com/
You may even reconize some pics on there:)
Kayla