Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Taste and See That God is Good!

I love Psalm 34… especially Verses 1-8

“I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be on my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together! I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered all my fears, those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. Oh taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.”

What a steadfast God we serve! He is always loving, always caring, His mercies never cease, and He is GOOD! This Psalm says to, “Bless him at ALL times.” I know in my life that isn’t always the case! There are definitely moments, days, or even weeks that I haven’t been persistant to “bless the Lord at ALL times.” This Psalm helps me put things in to perspective and realize why God created me, to glorify Him ALL the days of my life.

There is a song on the new Sovereign Grace CD, “Psalms” that was written out of Psalm 34. I love this particular song and pretty much every other song on the CD. It is great!

When I was poor and helpless
The Lord, He heard my cry
He saved this wicked sinner
The King redeemed my life

Oh taste and see that God is good to us
Taste and see His never-failing love
Our God is good

You’re near me when I’m broken
My comfort when I’m crushed
My hope in all afflictions
My God in whom I trust

I’ll make my boast in Jesus
The One who is my life
His glory is my gladness
In Him I’m satisfied

No comments: