Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, August 21, 2008

O My Soul Wait, In Silence

Psalm 138:3, 8-“On the day I called, You answered me; my strength of soul You increased. The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of Your hands.”

Over the last couple of weeks these verses really reflect what has been going on in my life.

“On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased.” About a week and a half ago I was really feeling this stirring up in my heart and a fire burning in my soul. The Lord has been working mightily in my life! He has increased my “strength of soul.” God has recently given me this extra passion to be spending time in the word, praying, writing songs, and a heart for missions. This is something that I have been praying for, for YEARS now, that the Lord would increase my passion for Him in a mighty way. I’m not too sure what He is doing in my life but, I do sense He is preparing me for some thing.

“The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.” This has definitely turned into a “waiting” season for me. I need to stay strong and be diligent in all these things that the Lord has recently placed in my life. This is not something that I want to have just now; it is something that I want to have all the days of my life. I need to remember the Lords steadfast love for me and “not forsake the work of His hands.”

With all that said, please be praying for me in the area of trusting and waiting on the Lord! To Him is all the glory!

Here is one of the songs that I have recently been working on. It really reflects everything that is going on in my life right now.

In The Shadow

Verse 1
At the cross You took our sin
Redeemed us from Your wrath
Now clothed in grace
We are, Your children

Verse 2
Oh steadfast love, You hear our cries
Turn mourning into joy
Unite our hearts to fear Your name
Every weight aside

Chorus
In the shadow of Your wings
We will wait for You
In You Oh Lord, We place our trust
In the shadow of Your Cross
We will worship You
Our hope is built on You, Our God

Verse 3
We will praise Your great ways
Fix our eyes on You
Mercy and love You pour on us
You are our delight

Bridge
You are good
Faithful in every way
We will bless you day after day
You are our joy

Thank you Lord, for the grace that You have ALWAYS been so faithful to pour out upon my life. I’m so undeserving of it! May my life reflect one that glorifies You. May I give thanks to You daily with my WHOLE heart. Father, I pray that my strength be found only in You alone and that my soul may wait in silence.

No comments: