Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Saturday, August 23, 2008

We're Goin' Cruisin'

Yep that’s right! We are leaving tomorrow to go on a cruise to the Bahamas. The funniest thing about this whole thing is that we just decided to do it today! Knowing my dad this is not out of the ordinary! My dad was just checking out the rates of cruises and came across one for REALLY cheep. He started asking me really random questions like, “Candace, what days are you working this week?” and “Candace, what days are Amber working this week?” Finally, I said, “why do you need to know what days we are working this week???” I knew he was up to something! He finally replied with, “I want to leave for a cruise tomorrow” All I could do was stop and laugh. Long story short I was able to arrange the schedule's at Bruster’s so that Amber and I can go with my parents and three little siblings (Jonathan has to work) I’m really excited to get to spend time with my family and get to relax a bit! I'm especially happy that my mom will get some down time and won't have to worry about cooking, cleaning, book keeping, etc. She definitely needs a break! Hopefully I will be able to post while we are out at sea!

2 comments:

Steph said...

OMG! Candace, what a blessing! I hope you and your fam are able to REALLY relax and I'll pray that no one gets sick. How fun to be able to be so spontaneous with the whole (almost) family! Love ya!

overthinker said...

awww i'm so happy for ya'll. that speaks volumes about your mum that she can get everybody together that fast. it rocks. :)