Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Monday, September 22, 2008

Bruster's Closing


As of today Monday, September 22, 2008 one of our Bruster’s stores is going to be closed for good. We opened this location in January of 2008 and it has been a struggle to make it a profitable store ever since we opened. It just isn’t in a good area for an ice cream shop. It has been up for sale for almost three months now and we haven’t gotten a single call. Our original intention was to sell the store and keep it up and running. It is to the point now that it is cheaper to close the store and pay the monthly lease than continue to keep the store open. This past weekend I announced to all the employees that the store would be closing. That in itself was not an easy thing for me to do. The Lord has blessed us with excellent staff there and I really value the relationships that I have been able to build with them. It is sad to see them go but hopefully if it all works out we will be able to keep two of the girls to work at out other location.

This store has been/is a very big financial burden on my dad. Please be praying that the store sells very soon. Both of my parents are already stressed out enough with other businesses. It would be a HUGE weight off their back to not have to worry about this any longer. They are trusting God and know that He is sovereign and will eventually send someone to buy the store if the Lord wills.

I’m heading over to that store later today to assess the situation and figure out what we will need to move over to our other store. It is going to take a big family effort to move everything. My grandfather, Jonathan, Amber, and I will hopefully be able to handle everything without having to take my dad away from other things he needs to be focusing on.

Thank you all once again for faithfully praying for my family! It is a blessing to know you all and to have you in our lives.

1 Corinthians 10:13- “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.”

1 comment:

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

oh candace! im so sorry!!! thats rough! i will be praying for y'all! i pray that you continue to take comfort in the sovereignty of God. He KNEW that this is what your fam would need to more conform you to the image of His Son.

love you girl!