Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

GREAT is The Lord!

This week has been a whirlwind of emotions for me. I’ve really just been tempted to give up…with Bruster’s that is! I need to keep reminding myself that this is where God has called me to be. I don’t know how my parents would manage if I told them I was going to get another job. Not because I’m doing a great job, but because it’s VERY hard to find reliable employees without supervision from someone in my family, and right now dad can’t devote any attention to Bruter’s so I am the one to handle everything. This week many things have come up and happened that have been unexpected. Here is a little update. Please continue to keep my family in your prayers because as the month goes on, I think it is just going to get harder.

I’ve been having a lot of difficulties with scheduling at work. People have been calling in sick/not showing up for their scheduled shifts and finding people that are willing to work/come in when I call them has not been working too well. Moving everything from one store to the other has started. It’s going to take a couple of weeks to get it all done mainly because we don’t have storage for everything to go to one store.

My dad was able to get away from the garden center late last night to spend the night at home to get a good night of sleep. It turned out that he didn’t fall asleep at all. He has been working all day until it's dark and is becoming tired and needed that sleep. It really is like a father going out to war for his family. As he left this morning, he was very weary and that was hard for me to see.

Right after my dad left, Victoria came running up the stairs yelling “mommy, mommy our closet is flooded again!!!” Sure enough, my mom and I went down stairs to see what was going on and there was about a half an inch of water sitting in Victoria and Karah’s closet. This is the second time that section of our basement floor has flooded this month. Mom, Victoria, Karah, and I got it all cleaned up this morning but there is still water coming in and we’re not sure where it’s coming from. It rained a little bit yesterday but nothing that would have caused a basement to flood. We’ve replaced different sections of our basement floor at least five times now. All we can really do in situations like this is just laugh! Though it is hard, we have all learned that having a complaining attitude is not going to help things. Obviously God has my family in this house for a reason!

This is a picture from when the closet flooded during huricane "Fay." They had to cut the wall to find out where the leak was coming from but they never found the source. This time the water is going in other other places.



I was reading in Psalm 145 this morning and was reminded of the GREATNESS of our God, “…I will extol you, my God and King, and BLESS your name forever and ever. EVERY day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever. GREAT is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable…”

Though we are in a rough season right now, the Lord truly has blessed my family in many ways! He is FAITHFUL and He is GREAT! He is at hand and this is building my family up! When I’m faced with a difficult circumstance at work, I need to bless the Lord and remember His greatness and mercy upon my life. I truly am doing better than I deserve and it is only by the grace of God that I can say that!!!

1 comment:

Jonathan M. Detwiler said...

God's blessing upon you all! I pray for his sustaining grace for you, your dad, and the rest of the fam.