Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Friday, September 26, 2008

Parent's Night Out

Recently the Lord has given me an ever growing passion to reach out to the younger kids and youth at my Church. For a while the Lord had been laying on my heart to arrange an event that would serve the parents of the Church. Well… it’s finally here! Tomorrow night the singles at GCC have an exciting opportunity to serve the parents by doing a “Parents Night Out”! This will be the first time we’ve ever done an event like this. I’m so thrilled and over-joyed with the fact that the parents (who definitely deserve a break) will get to spend a night out together! And the best part about this whole thing is that we get to spend a whole whopping six hours with their cute little munchkins! I’m sure there will be MANY coffee runs throughout the day =)

Please pray:
1. For strength and stamina for all the helpers
2. For a safe time and no injuries
3. That everything will run smoothly and that it will be a fun time
4. That this evening will be a blessing for the parents
5. And most of all that it glorifies God!

A BIG thanks to all the singles and youth that are volunteering to serve at this event! Thank you so much for all your help in advance!

Knowing me, I’m sure I will have lots of pictures to share on Monday :). Until then, have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: