Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Monday, September 8, 2008

My Redeemer

Yesterday at Church we sang the Sovereign Grace song, “I Will Glory in My Redeemer” I was deeply moved! Worship in general was a wonderful time in the Lord’s presence but this song really ministered to me.

I will glory in my Redeemer
Whose priceless blood has ransomed me
Mine was the sin that drove the bitter nails
And hung Him on that judgment tree

I will glory in my Redeemer
Who crushed the power of sin and death
My only Savior before the holy Judge
The Lamb Who is my righteousness
The Lamb Who is my righteousness

I will glory in my Redeemer
My life He bought, my love He owns
I have no longings for another
I’m satisfied in Him alone

I will glory in my Redeemer
His faithfulness my standing place
Though foes are mighty and rush upon me
My feet are firm, held by His grace
My feet are firm, held by His grace

I will glory in my Redeemer
Who carries me on eagle’s wings
He crowns my life with loving kindness
His triumph song I’ll ever sing

I will glory in my Redeemer
Who waits for me at gates of gold
And when He calls me it will be paradise
His face forever to behold
His face forever to behold

I stand amazed day to day when I look at God's faithfulness in my life. I am in awe of the grace that He pours out on me, and am most of all amazed at the priceless blood that has ransomed me! Singing this song was very timely. The line that stuck out to me the most was, “my feet are firm, held by His grace” This is something that I need to remind myself of daily. No matter what circumstances I face day to day, my feet will be held firm, by the Lord's amazing and sustaining grace. I am being held safe under His wings!!! I am over joyed when I remind myself of this truth. O how gracious the Lord is to use songs like this one to minister into the lives of His children!

Psalm 19:14-“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.”

2 comments:

Lana said...

Great reminder Candace. Thanks for being faithful to share.

Anonymous said...

hey candace-
i'm so glad God blessed you with this little day of refreshment! i'll keep praying for your family...thank you for your faithfulness to bring God glory and point out His works in every season you walk through. it encourages. :)