Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Praise God From Whom ALL Blessings Flow

As I shared yesterday, this week I’ve been feeling pretty weighed down with my circumstances. The Lord has been doing a wonderful work in my heart the last couple of days. The way I thought situations would go at the beginning of the week have slowly been changing. Thanks to Amber, I was off work yesterday and today and have been able to catch up on many things that I’ve needed to get done. We also found out why our basement floor flooded again. One of my sisters (not going to mention who ;)) accidentally left our hose running the whole night before. There is a very small hole in the concrete on the side of our house which was why the water was coming in. It will just need to be sealed. Praise God that it isn’t anything too big!

I stand amazed daily when I look at my circumstances and the faithfulness of God. One day I was feeling weighed down, and now, today, I feel that I’ve been filled with the joy of the Lord! Just when I wanted to give up, the Lord intervened and took those desires away. He truly does not let His Children be tempted beyond their abilities! The Lord knew exactly what I needed and I feel His grace falling like rain upon my life! I need to not be tempted to ask God why, but rejoice at the fact that this is where I’m called to be right now. The Lord has called me to lay down my life to serve my family and until something else comes, I will be doing the same thing day after day. This past year has brought me to my knees many times and I’m sure there will be many more times that I will sinfully be tempted to lose heart, but those are the moments that always lead me straight to God. Thank you Lord for Your AMAZING and SUSTAINING grace!

Thank you all so much for the encouraging e-mails I’ve been receiving! I thank the Lord daily for caring friends like you!

1 comment:

overthinker said...

He knows just how much we can take, eh? So glad things are looking up for you a little. :)
Stay focused on His grace!