Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

God is Faithful!

As many of you know, my family has been VERY busy lately. In particular, my parents. God is really using this season He has us in to draw me closer to Him. My dad has and is going to be living up at one of our garden centers for the next couple of months and my mom is still at home every day working in front of a computer all day long trying to keep up with things for my dads businesses. Not to mention the fact that she is still doing most of the home schooling, cooking, cleaning, etc. It has also been hard on me because I have had to run both the Bruster’s stores (with some help from Amber :)) on my own because they are going into the slower season and my dad needs to be focusing on other things right now. I know both my parents are feeling weak and weary. But, as always, they are continuing to trust in the sovereignty of our Lord. I was talking to my mom the other night, and was asking her how she is doing and she explained to me that even though this is VERY hard season to be in as a family, God is faithful! My family has gone through numerous seasons like this one before and the Lord has ALWAYS been faithful to us!

Some of you know that I was supposed to be in Orlando today for a Bruster’s meeting. Well, it got cancelled on Monday. I had already taken off work and had planned to come to Orlando. Well, the Lord has been so gracious to me! As soon as I heard the meeting was cancelled, I immediately knew that the Lord wanted me to use this time to have a small personal retreat. Kathy has graciously let me stay at her house to spend some time reading, praying, and just seeking the Lord (Thanks Kathy!). I know this is time He wants me to use to be praying for my family.

Today the Lord has already begun to shower His mercy and love upon me. He has directed me to different scripture verses that have been so encouraging and uplifting to my soul.

Philippians 4:19-“And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”

Psalm 23:6- “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.”

Psalm 84:11-“No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.”

Isaiah 41:10- “Be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you righteous right hand.”

Romans 8:28- “For those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”

Matthew 28:20- “I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Something that I am trying to remind myself of daily is that Christ died not mainly to make things go well with me, but to bring me closer to God.

Thank you SO much to those of you that have been praying for my family and I. Your prayers mean more than you’ll ever know!

2 comments:

Colleen Moore said...

Sweet Candace,

You have no idea how this has added to/compimented what God is doing in my heart today...thanks for the added ammunition! =D

Love you!

Steph said...

Hey chick! Your perseverance and trust in God is convicting! I want to be like you when I grow up. ;)

I'm SO glad you were able to have a personal retreat here in O-town...but even MORE glad that I was able to see you when you were down here. I love ya, and I'll be praying for you.