Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Friday, October 10, 2008

Why I Love My Dad



I know I’ve mentioned before that my dad is working very hard right now, but I don’t know that I’ve mentioned how much I appreciate him. Here’s a little glimpse of why I’m so grateful for him:

There has never been a day in my life that I haven’t witnessed my dad glorifying God in some way. Whether it be leading his family, correcting one of his children, speaking to a church congregation, the way he conducts business, etc. it’s always been evident that his hope rests in the Sovereignty of God. The thing I love most about my dad is that he fears the Lord. When saying something or making decisions he never fears what man will think of him and this is something that I have always admired!

In growing up, my family has faced many difficult circumstances that have been very hard to get through and are still facing them today. Whether it has been moving from state to state, business ventures failing, losing his mom out of no where, or the house we are in now and all the difficulties that have come with it, my dad has always been faithful to point our gaze straight to the cross and remind us of the work that Christ has accomplished. The best part about all of this is that you would never know my dad was in the midst of a trial because of his attitude towards it. In laying down his life to serve the Church or his family, dad has affected numerous lives in the way he lives out his life for the glory of God and the gospel.

He has always been a very FUN person to be around. He’s constantly making people laugh (even when things are hard for him)! And though my sisters and I make fun of him a lot for the way he protects his daughters, we are truly grateful we have a father that even cares to protect us!

Words cannot express how grateful I am to God for my dad. He is such a BLESSING! I know that when his time comes to go to heaven, he will receive one big crown. I love you, dad!

Speaking of a hard working father, I went to visit him the other day and he said, "Candace, I'm running out of gas." Hmmm.... I wonder why???

Now this is how you get the job done!



Who walks a pumpkin back and forth when you can throw it?

1 comment:

jnscrotsley said...

Candace,

It has been wonderful to watch your response throughtout the years. I know you have godly parents who are modeling right reponses for you but you constantly glorify God through your obedience to your parents- even when you don't undestand or like it. You are such a blessing and sweet reminder of what that sweet obedience should look like!

Love ya,

Shawna