Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Anxiety

Matthew 6:34- “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”

“It has been said that our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow but only empties today of its strength” –Charles Spurgeon

Philippians 4:5-7- “…The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

1 Peter 5:6-7- “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exult you, casting ALL your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”

Proverbs 12:25- “Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.”

Isaiah 35:3-5 –“Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who have an anxious heart, ‘be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God. He will come and save you.”

I have a shelter in the storm
When troubles pour upon me
Though fears are rising like a flood
My soul can rest securely
O Jesus, I will hide in You
My place of peace and solace
No trial is deeper than Your love
That comforts all my sorrows

I have a shelter in the storm
When all my sins accuse me
Though justice charges me with guilt
Your grace will not refuse me
O Jesus, I will hide in You
Who bore my condemnation
I find my refuge in Your wounds
For there I find salvation

I have a shelter in the storm
When constant winds would break me
For in my weakness, I have learned
Your strength will not forsake me
O Jesus, I will hide in You
The One who bears my burdens
With faithful hands that cannot fail
You’ll bring me home to heaven

By Steve & Vikki Cook and Bob Kauflin

No comments: