Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, December 11, 2008

I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart, where?...

Down in my heart, where? Down in my heart, I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my, where? down in my heart to stay. And I'm so happy, so very happy, I've got the love of Jesus in my hhheeaarrt...Ok I'm done! =) In doing all this meditating on joy, I got a flash back of pre school days in children's ministry. Oh what fun those days where! I pray wherever you are today, you are finding the joy of the Lord as your strength! Sorry for the length of this post, I just kept coming across more and more to share on this topic.

Nehemiah 8:10- “For this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

Psalm 51:12- “Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.”

Psalm 66:1-2- “Shout for joy to God, all the earth; sing the glory of his name.”

Psalm 92:4- “For you O Lord, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy.”

Proverbs 10:28- “The hope of the righteous brings joy, but the expectations of the wicked will perish.”

Proverbs 12:20- “Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil, but those who plan peace have joy.”

John 15:11- “These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.”

“Spiritual joy, on the other hand, is not an attitude on chance or circumstances. It is the deep and abiding confidence that, regardless of one’s circumstances in life, all is well between the believer and the Lord. No matter what difficulty, pain, or disappointment, failure, rejection, or other challenge one is facing, genuine joy remains because of the eternal well-being established by God’s grace in salvation. Thus, Scripture makes it clear that the fullest; most lasting and satisfying joy is derived from a true relationship with God. It is not based on circumstances or chance, but is the gracious and permanent possession of every child of God.”-John MacArthur

Galatians 5:2- “The fruit of the spirit is JOY!”

Philippians 2:2- “Complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and in one mind.”

James 1:2- “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds.”

1 Peter 1:8- “Though you have not seen him, you love him, though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with joy.”

Psalm 98:4- “Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises!

Proverbs 17:22- “A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up bones.”

Philippians 4:4- “Rejoice in the Lord Always; again I will say, REJOICE.”

Habakuk 3:17-19- “Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength…”

Psalm 37:4, 23- “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart…The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his ways.”

Psalm 5:11- “But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you.”

Psalm 13:5- “But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.”

Psalm 35:27- “Let those who delight in my righteousness shout for joy and be glad and say evermore, ‘great is the Lord, who delights in the welfare of his servant!’”

Psalm 70:4- “May all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you.”

Psalm 119:15-16- “I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.”

Romans 5:2-3- "Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, know that suffering produced endurance."

John Piper say’s, “knowing God is the key to being happy in God.” We need to remember daily that to have our joy in the Lord is not just a gift, it’s a command!

1 comment:

overthinker said...

I have not been faithful to choose joy in ALL things this week, but I have been kindly chastened by your "lengthy" post. :) Thanks!

{ps and yes, i do intend to respond to your tag!! haha}