Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

He's Always Been Faithful

I’ve had the tendency recently to worry and become anxious about many things, in particular things coming up in my family. Starting the first of the year, we will begin to prepare for another very busy season. Garden centers will be opening back up in Jacksonville and possibly North Carolina and Bruster’s will be in its peak season. This coming season will most likely be harder to get through than the one we just came out of. In His mercy, God has once again been showing me that He is faithful, His love will never leave me and He will never put anything in my life that won’t be for my good and His glory. I need to trust that He will lead my dad through it all and not worry about how it will affect me. Yes, it may mean that I will be holding down the fort again at Bruster’s by myself in the busiest season of the year, but God is Sovereign, He is faithful, and He will be guiding us EVERY step of the way. I don’t know what the Lord has in store for this coming season or my future, but no matter what happens today or tomorrow I have the truth to lean on that God has been faithful and He will be again!

Recently I haven’t been able to listen to Sara Grove’s song “He’s Always Been Faithful” without tears running down my face. It ‘s been bringing so much peace to my soul!

Morning by morning I wake up to find
The power and comfort of God's hand in mine
Season by season I watch Him, amazed
In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me.

I can't remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can't remember one single regret
In serving God only, and trusting His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me.

This is my anthem, this is my song
The theme of the stories I've heard for so long
God has been faithful, He will be again
His loving compassion, it knows no end
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful, He's always been faithful
He's always been faithful to me.


The following passage of scripture has been speaking much truth into my life lately that I’ve decided to memorize it. Just as it says, God has been showing me to be still before him and wait patiently for His perfect timing.

Psalm 37:3-7- “Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit you way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!”

2 comments:

Jonathan M. Detwiler said...

Where in NC would you do it?

Candace said...

I'm pretty sure he's looking around in Raliegh and Cary.