Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Friday, December 12, 2008

I've got the wonderful love....

Of my blessed redeemer way down in the depths of my heart…. Where?! You all know the rest! =) As you can see I loved this song when I was little and maybe...just maybe... I still like it now ;) I can assure you all that this will be one of the first out of a few songs I will teach my kids. Now on with the post…

Recently I’ve become more and more amazed of God’s love. Not just what He accomplished on the cross for us, but the fact that He would choose ME! A wretched, undeserving sinner that deserves His wrath. Oh the grace that He has poured out! His love NEVER changes and we have the wonderful truth to rest in that our spiritual failures do not affect God’s love one iota. Amazing!

"The truly godly person never forgets that he was at one time an object of God’s holy and just wrath. He never forgets that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, and he feels along with Paul that he is himself the worst of sinners. But then as he looks to the cross, he sees that Jesus was his atoning sacrifice. He sees that Jesus bore his sins in His own body and that the wrath of God- the wrath that he, a sinner, should have borne- was expended completely and totally upon the Holy Son of God. And in this view of Calvary, he sees the love of God. How much we appreciate God’s love is conditioned by how deeply we fear Him. The more we see God in His infinite majesty, holiness, and transcendent glory, the more we will gaze with wonder and amazement upon His love poured out at Calvary.” -Jerry Bridges

1 John 4:9-10- “In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent His only Son into the world, so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.”

Psalm 40:2- “He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.”

Ephesians 2:4-5- “But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ… by grace you have been saved.”

Titus 2:11-12- “For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly live in the present age.”

Lamentations 3:23-24- “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will hope in him.”

Psalm 86:13- “For great is your steadfast love toward me; you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.”

Psalm 100:5- “For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.”

Psalm 103:8, 11, and 13-“The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love… For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him…But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him…”

Psalm 118:1- “Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his steadfast love endures forever!”

Psalm 138:7-8- “The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever….”

John 3:16- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”

Romans 5:8- “But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

Romans 8:38- “For I am sure that neither death nor life, not angels nor rulers, not things present nor things to come, nor powers, not height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind but now I see

No comments: