Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve!

I’ve been so busy over the last week I haven’t had time to post anything but pictures so here is a quick re-cap:

Disney World: We had a blast! It is always a blessing to get away with my family for a few days! This was the first time we’ve ever been able to go to theme parks with our whole family being able to get on all the rides together. In the past Victoria and Karah were too young and scared. :/ (Well, there were a few rides they didn’t want to get on, but we’ve made much progress!) Dad is always very specific when planning out our days! He’s not one that enjoys crowds and waiting in line (not that many people do). In order to avoid waiting in many lines he was very strategic in deciding which rides/shows we were going to go to, when to get fast passes, etc. Though there were many times we were running around the parks like chickens with our head’s cut of, it was worth it because we got to do everything worth doing while there and didn’t have to stand in many lines.

Singles Christmas party: That was a blast as well! (For those of you who’ve asked) we played a gift wrapping game. To play this game two people partner up and put one hand behind their back and work as a team to wrap a gift in a certain amount of time against another team. You win by having the prettiest and neatest gift wrapping job. After that we did a white elephant gift exchange with a twist. A new way of playing was started in my home group. If you want to steal a gift from someone else you have to either dance or sing in order to get the gift. The person you’re stealing the gift from decides whether you will dance/sing, what you will sing or how you will dance (salsa, hip hop, ballet etc.) It is hilarious! THEN, I’m not sure how it started but we ended up dancing the rest of the night! =)

Today I thought it’d be fun to post some pictures of last year’s Christmas. I was just glancing through them and it’s really cool to see how much Josh, Victoria, and Karah have grown since then. (I sound like such a mom, I know! =) ) Josh is now taller than me and Amber! Victoria is as tall as my mom! My goodness they are growing up so fast! *sniff* *sniff*.

So here are some pictures of last years Christmas and hopefully I’ll have some to share of this years Christmas tomorrow! Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments: