Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Monday, December 8, 2008

Diving Into Scripture

Over the last few days I’ve been spending quite a bit of time searching for scripture on certain areas. Some are areas that I’ve been struggling with in my own heart and some are areas that I believe the Lord has been drawing me to that I might be able to encourage others. I’m going to take some each day this week to share scripture on the specific topics of waiting, anxiety, trusting God, joy/delighting in God and His word, and God’s love. I pray you find this helpful and encouraging!

Scripture on waiting:

Lamentations 3:25- "The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him."

Psalm 37:7- "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him…"

Isaiah 40:31- "But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

Psalm 40:1- "I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog."

Psalm 33:20- "Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield."

Psalm 62:5-7- "For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."

Psalm 130:5- "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord."

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord!

No comments: