Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Colleen!


Dear Colleen,

Ever since I was just a little girl living in Atlanta I've always noticed you as someone who trusts in our Savior and has a passion to serve Him. Yes, when I was six years old I saw you as a godly woman of biblical femininity and now thirteen years later, I see an even greater passion!

Thank you for your example of trusting God through very difficult times and for being faithful to follow Him and His will for your life. When I look into your life, I see humility and joy. Thank you for being one who quickly confesses sin to others in your desire to seek accountability and grow in godliness. The joy I see in you is not only an outward joy displayed on your beautiful smile, but an inner joy. A joy that is found in the Lord and a passion to serve and glorify His name. What an example those godly traits have been to me!

Colleen, YOU my friend have been and continue to be such a gift and encouragement to me, especially in this past year. Thank you for constantly asking how you can be praying for me! You have no idea how much you praying and asking how I’m doing has affected my life.

I pray in this coming year you experience joy inexpressible and God’s grace in a new and exciting way! I thank God for YOU! You are a treasured friend!

Happy Birthday!!!

Love,
Candace

1 comment:

Colleen Moore said...

Oh Candace, when I saw you this morning at church I had no idea you had posted this! Thank you SO much for taking the time to encourage me!

I hope you are encouraged as well to know that there are six year olds who are watching you serve the Lord with joy, and their lives are being affected too! What a legacy we each have in Christ! We never know how He will use things like helping with a friend's daughter's birthday party! Or like babysitting for a young couple! =D

It is a true joy to serve along side you my friend! I am so very thrilled the Lord has crossed our paths again at this point in our lives. You have been such an example to me in so many ways...I can see how the Lord has changed me through our times together and through prayer for you. He makes it all SO FUN! =D

Thank you again...You made an old woman's day! lol

Love,
Colleen