Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Trusting God

“Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will care for you tomorrow, and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then, put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations”- Frances de Sales

Psalm 9:9-10- “The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you.”

Psalm 25:1-2- “To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in you I trust!”

Psalm 31:14- “But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, ‘you are my God.’”

Psalm 36:3- “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”

Psalm 62:8- “Trust in him at ALL times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.”

Proverbs 3:5-6- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”

Jeremiah 17:7- “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is in the Lord.”

“If you are in deep shadows because of some strange mysterious providence, do not be afraid. Simply go on in faith and love, never doubting. God is watching, and He will bring good and beauty out of all your pain and tears.” –J.R. Miller

Psalm 13:5- “But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.”

Proverbs 16:20- “Whoever gives thought to the will of the Lord will discover good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.”

Proverbs 16:9- “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.”

Psalm 37:3, 5- “Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness…Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.”

“Trust implies more than this, it sees and feels, and leans upon a person, a great, true, living heart of love. So let us “trust in him,” through al the delays, in spite of all the difficulties, in the face of all the denials, not withstanding all the seemings, even when we cannot understand the way, and know not the issue; still “trust in him, and he will act.” The way will open, the right issue will come, the end will be peace, the cloud will be lifted, and the light of an eternal noonday shall shine at last.” –Streams in the Desert

Jeremiah 29:11-13- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with your whole heart.”

Isaiah 50:10- “Who among you fears the Lord and obeys that voice of his servant? Let him who walks in darkness and has no light trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God.”

“Trusting Christ today includes trusting Him to give you tomorrow’s trust when tomorrow comes. God will not let His children be tested in any given day beyond what His mercy for that day will sustain. God’s mercies are new [every] morning because each day has enough mercy in it for that day. This is why we tend to despair when we think that we may have to bear tomorrow’s load on today’s troubles. Today’s mercies are for today’s troubles. Tomorrow’s mercies are for tomorrow’s troubles.” –John Piper

The duty to trust God will never be out of season!

1 comment:

Lana said...

Thanks for posting all of these wonderful scriptures, Candace! It is very encouraging. Your posts reminded me of a quote I read back in March. Keep it up!
"What good has worrying ever accomplished? It has never made anyone stronger, helped anyone do God's will, or provided for anyone a way of escape out of their anxiety or confusion. Worry only destroys the effectiveness of lives that would otherwise be useful and beautiful. Can anything be gained by it? Don't we only make ourselves unfit for action and separate our minds from the ability to make wise decisions? We simply sink in our struggles when we could float by faith."