Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Be Thou My Vision

Over the past couple days I’ve not been able to stop singing the familiar hymn “Be Thou My Vision.” Part of the reason why is because I was deeply ministered to while singing this song Sunday night. I was freshly provoked to point my gaze to the cross in ALL situations, even the very small ones. After doing much meditating on the lyrics I’ve searched for some different scripture verses that tie in with the song… Hope they encourage you today!

Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Psalm 34:1- “I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be on my mouth.”


Be Thou my Wisdom, Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee, Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Psalm 111:10- “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding, His praise endures forever!”

Be Thou my battle-shield, sword for my fight,
Be Thou my dignity, Thou my delight.
Thou my soul's shelter, Thou my high tower.
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

1 Timothy 6:12- “Fight the good fight of faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.”

Ephesians 6:11- “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.”


Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

Matthew 6:21- “For where your treasure is, there you heart will be also.”

High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heav'ns Son!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my vision, O ruler of all.

2 comments:

overthinker said...

that's been a favorite song of mine for years. thanks for pulling those scriptures and tying them in. thanks for being such a source of encouragment!

Candace said...

Glad they encouraged you! Praying for you and your family...keep fighting for joy!