Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Time is Now!

Over the past couple weeks on the girl talk blog they’ve been doing a series of posts on single woman finding the best deals of the single season. “Best deals” meaning all the different opportunities that we should be taking advantage of. Deals that bring glory to God and will help prepare us for the season of marriage and motherhood.

In today’s post Janelle Bradshaw wrote, “Bringing up children, showing hospitality, caring for the afflicted—these aren’t things the godly woman does one time, like a community service requirement. Good works are what she is giving her life, energy, time, and heart to. Good works are what she is all about.”

Have you ever heard anyone say, “My life will start once I get married”? Sad, but true, I’ve heard that saying many times and that is the mentality of many single woman today. I myself have been tempted to think that way before, but by God’s grace He kindly corrected my thoughts. My single friends, the time is NOW, it is THIS very day that we are to be preparing for the time when Lord willing we will be wives and mothers. Being a submissive wife and nurturing mother is not something that will happen overnight. It takes time and work! One way we can test how submissive we are is by our response to our dad or other godly leaders in our lives. The way we respond to them will most likely be the way we respond to our future husbands. Are we loving towards our siblings or children in our churches?

Are good works what you’re all about? Let me encourage you to take a step back and look at all the ways you’ve been serving or where you need to pick up the slack. Writing things out always helps me. Is there a family you know in need of a babysitter or a mom who needs an afternoon off? It doesn’t take much time… Let’s think and then take action! Let us not wait! Let’s seek every opportunity we can to do good works!

“Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you can.” -John Wesley

No comments: