Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Monday, March 30, 2009

Trust Brings Contentment

Each day that goes by God continues to show me more reasons why He places trials and tribulations in the lives of His children. If everything in life were a smooth and easy path with no bumps along the way, there would be no reason to trust God through anything. Can you imagine what life would be like if we didn’t have to wait for anything? God has ordained that we walk through difficult times so that we may draw closer to Him. He uses those circumstances to grow faith in our hearts and to remind us that He fits all things together even when we cannot see it!

Ecclesiastes 7:13-14- “Consider the work of God: who can make straight what he has made crooked? In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him.”

As we learn to trust God in all things, contentment will become an act of worship. The soul worship of God is to be content with what He gives. When we humbly yield to God’s plan and purpose for our lives, He is pleased, and most of all, He is glorified! How wonderful it is to think about the fact that our lives can bring worship to His Holy name! When we give all our questions to God, when we don’t grumble about the past or become anxious about the future, when we place our tomorrows in God’s hands, we are free to wake up every morning and say, “Lord, this is the day that You have made. Show me ways I can glorify You in it!”

Let's read through Philippians 4:11-13 one more time….

“Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”

As we journey through life day to day, let’s remember Paul’s example of contentment in the Lord and ask God for help when temped to grumble or complain about His chosen portion for us!

No comments: