Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Expect Trials to Multiply

The following quote from Charles Spurgeon has brought much encouragement to me today. I pray it does the same for you!

“God does not put heavy burdens on weak shoulders. God educated and tests our faith by trials that increase in proportion to our faith. God expects us to do adult work and to endure adult afflictions only after we have reached a mature status in Christ Jesus. Therefore, beloved, expect your trials to multiply as you proceed toward heaven…

Do no think that as you grow in grace your path will become smoother and the sky calmer and cheerer. Quite the contrary! As God gives you greater skill as a soldier of the cross, He will send you on more difficult missions. As He more fully equips your ship to sail in storms, He will send you on longer voyages to more boisterous seas, so that you may honor Him and increase in holy confidence.”

No comments: