Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Monday, March 23, 2009

Faithful Shepherd

“There is nowhere we can go that He has not been there before us… We walk always in the shadow of His presence and His care… for the Shepherd doesn’t call His sheep to unfamiliar pasture- He has promised that, where we are, we will also find Him there.” –B.J. Hoff

Have you recently seen Christ in your circumstances? Do you see Him at work when things don’t go as planned? How about when running late and stuck in traffic?....

Isn’t it comforting to know that God is Sovereign over ALL circumstances (relationships, work, finances, etc.)?! It bring much joy to my soul when I remember that He’s graciously ordained every step we take even if it’s not an easy step. The best part about it all is that every circumstance we walk through whether easy or hard, all serve two purposes… they are for our GOOD and God’s GLORY!

Something that has helped me keep my gaze on Christ in the midst of stressful circumstances is quoting Psalm 118:24- “This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Every time I quote that scripture verse I’m freshly encouraged and reminded of God’s Sovereignty over all circumstances. I’m reminded to take a step back and find the good in the stressful moments rather than complaining about the circumstance.

Let’s learn to be grateful for ALL God has provided for us (even troubled circumstances) and remember that “THIS is the day that the Lord has made…Let us rejoice and be glad in it!!!”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this encouraging post! I struggle looking at each day as a chance to glorify Christ. Somtimes my goals become just to get through the day. But thank you for refreshing my mind with the promise of His soverignty!

Lana said...

Thanks for the timely reminder Candace. It's the second thing I've heard this morning concerning this subject and it's still early! How kind of God.

Colleen Moore said...

I have this verse from the NIV posted on my bathroom mirror...If I remember to look at it I am encouraged that EVERYTHING I face is EXACTLY what God has prepared for me!

Psalm 16:5:
LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.

Thanks for the reminder! =D