Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rest In God's Presnece... Exodus 33:14

Please read through and find rest in God through the following encouraging words from Charles Spurgeon…

Nothing can harm you if God is your refuge. David said, “You are my rock and my fortress” (Ps. 32:3), and every believing child of God may claim the same promise. “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble, therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling” (Ps. 46:2-3), “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest” (Ex. 33:14). May these inexpressibly precious promises be fulfilled in your life today.

What could your heart desire or your mind conceive beyond the blessedness of these assurances? God’s presence and God rest is a ring of finest gold set with the choicest pearl. This blessing is worthy of God, and only His boundless love could proclaim.

Think these promises over. Chew on them as food for your soul. Let the Holy Spirit speak these words with power and your innermost soul will be satisfied with the best of heaven’s food.”

No comments: