Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You're So Good to Me!

“Though troubles fall like rain, this precious truth remains…Lord You’re so good to me!”

Does that ring a bell for you? That line from the Sovereign Grace song “You’re So Good to Me” has been my theme song lately. Why? Because it speaks such gospel truth! Every time I’m tempted to despair or forget God’s faithfulness through troubled times, He asks, “Have I not been good to you in the past”? If He was good and faithful then, He will most certainly be good and faithful today and forever!

Maybe you too have been prone to doubt God’s goodness and faithfulness through troubled times... Let me encourage you to find a song to sing or a verse to recite in your head when fighting that temptation. Today when unexpected circumstances arise, what will I sing? “Lord You so good to me!!!”

Romans 8:28- “For we know that for those who love God ALL things work together for GOOD, for those who are called according to his purpose.”

No comments: