Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Even so...it is well with my soul!

This past weekend Amber and I went down to Orlando and what a wonderful time it was. The whole time there we felt like we were on a retreat…We were able to catch up with many friends we don’t get to see very often and during all the meetings (singles, church, and a worship and ministry night) the Lord was faithful to meet us. We both realized that we needed to break away from all the chaos of life for a couple days. I came home very refreshed (and tired, but thank God for caffeine!) and ready to take on a busy week….

Over the past couple weeks the Lord has delivered me from many challenging obstacles and turned them into joyful circumstances. I’m becoming more and more aware of why God had me where I was over the past couple years even though, at times, it made absolutely no sense. Though I’m still just as busy and maybe even busier than I was, the Lord has brought much joy to my soul and has lifted a huge burden off my shoulders. Things are still kind of crazy for my family. It’s especially hard not having dad at home, but God continues to be faithful. He has been our rock during troubled times! Words do not express how overwhelmingly wonderful His love has been to me recently. I’m continuing to see glimpses of His faithfulness and learning to rest in the arms of my Daddy in Heaven through difficult times. Though still walking through a season of the unknown…strength is rising as I wait upon the Lord! How kind He is!

Psalm 62:5-8- “For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.”

Lamentations 3:22-23- “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”

No comments: