Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Friday, November 9, 2007

Be Thou My Vision

The hymn below has got to be one of my all time favorite hymns. Though I think it is much better with the soft and peaceful music in the background, it is very helpful for me to slowly read the lyrics without any distractions in the background. This hymn makes me so amazed of the grace that the Lord has so graciously bestowed upon me. When I listen to this hymn I am enlightened, fulfilled, and blessed by His goodness to me.


“Be Thou My Vision”
1. Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

2. Be Thou my Wisdom,
Thou my true Word;I ever with Thee,
Thou with me, Lord; Thou my great Father,
I thy true son;Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

3. Be Thou my battle-shield, sword for my fight,
Be Thou my dignity, Thou my delight.
Thou my soul's shelter, Thou my high tower.
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

4. Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

5. High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heav'ns Son!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befalls,
Still be my vision, O ruler of all.

There is no comfort in anything apart for enjoying thee and being engaged in thy service; Thou art All in all, and all enjoyments are what to me thou makest them, and no more. I am well pleased with thy will, whatever it is, or should be in all respects. I rejoice to think that all things are at thy disposal, and it delights me to leave them there. I long to make some return, but have nothing to offer, and can only rejoice that though doest all, but I can through grace cheerfully surrender soul and body to thee. ~Valley Of Vision~


I'll be back Monday, hope everyone has an outstanding weekend!!!

Daily Bible Verse:
Psalm 23:4- “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”

No comments: