Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Friday, November 2, 2007

A Decision Has Been Made

For those of you who don’t know where I work, I work at a Brusters ice cream shop managing it for my dad. When my dad asked me to work for him it was hard for me to find joy agreeing to it. Mainly because I had my heart set on doing something in the field of interior decorating. I agreed to help get the business up and running until the first of the year.

Well… the Lord has changed my heart. My dad asked me a few weeks ago if I was going to be sticking around or leaving at the first of the year. Like I said above, at first, the idea of taking this job did not sound too fun to me. In fact, I didn’t like the idea at all! I didn’t find any joy in it what so ever! After going to many conferences the Lord has changed my heart! He showed me that my call right now is to be serving my family even though I don’t have my dream job. Sooo…. a few days ago I told my dad to count me in, I told him that as far as I know I’m going to be sticking around for as long as the Lord wills. Not only am I excited about serving my family but, it has been bringing me joy! What a testimony of God’s steadfast grace!

The Lord has been so faithful to answer my prayers as to where He wanted me in the season of life I’m in. I’m SO grateful to God for all He has and is doing in my life.

Thank you everyone who has faithfully been praying for me! The Lord has definitely answered your prayers. Glory is to God for all He has done!

I’ve included a picture of my dad, grandfather, and I, with the Bruce himself while in PA for our training….. Until Monday, have a great weekend! Oh, and GO GATORS!!!!




Heavenly Father, I am once again in awe of your steadfast love and mercy. Thank you for your faithfulness to answer my prayers and for turning my mourning into dancing. You alone deserve all the glory forever!

Daily Bible Verse:

Psalm 30:11-12- “You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!

3 comments:

dating virgin said...

That's so good to hear Candace. What an example you are setting as you serve the Lord and your family in the season of your life. Praise God. Thank you for humbly allowing the Lord to mold your heart to his purposes.

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Um...wow! I am so humbled by your response and example! Thank you for being obedient to what you sense the Lord leading you to!!!!

(I found you from my momma who likes your blog!)

Candace said...

Thanks girls for the encouragement! It's all because of Gods grace....He has definitely been good to me!