Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Rising Early Part 2-Putting It All To Practice

Before I go into part two of the three part series I'm doing on rising early, I wanted to let you all know of an interview with John Ensor, author of "Doing Things Right In Matters of the Heart" on the Girl talk blog. In Part three of his interview He's been answering questions on the topic of what does it really mean to crack twigs?.....Since their have been many conversations on the topic of what it really means to crack twigs since Na I thought his wise words might be helpful to some. They were very helpful to me! You can check out the interview here. Enjoy!



Yesterday I went over why it is important to rise early and spend more time meditating on God’s word and enjoy being in His presence. Today I wanted explore different ways to put this to practice.

I’m not a morning person…..

Maybe you’re thinking, “I’m just not a morning person! I’ve tried before and I simply can’t get up early!”

The Mahaney Girls have once again convicted me by saying, “It doesn’t take a miracle. It requires discipline exercised in reliance upon God’s grace. And it might help if we dispel the myth of the morning person because there is no such thing!”

Martha Peace has some frank words for people who think they are not morning people….

“I have heard of people who pride themselves on being ‘night people’ that means they have trouble getting up in the morning because they come alive at night. They may stay up till all hours reading, watching TV, or pursuing some sort of interest. The next morning they are too tired to get up….. These people are not ‘night people.’ They are lazy and selfish. Who wouldn’t rather stay up late to do whatever they please and sleep late the next morning.”

I’m guilty! I’ve been that lazy and selfish person and continue to battle that temptation. I can testify that early morning time is definitely more profitable then my late-night hours.

I’ll wrap all this up tomorrow……

Daily Bible Verse:

Proverbs 10:28-“The hope of the righteous brings joy, but the expectations of the wicked will perish.”

No comments: