Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Friday, November 2, 2007

Rising Early-Part 3-Some Helpful Tips


Here are some tips that The Girls have provided to better serve others in their daily fight to rise early that have helped me fight this battle tremendously….


1. Place your alarm clock in a strategic location, preferably on the other side of the room from your bed.

2. Set your alarm for the same time every day.

3. Never, never, never hit the snooze button or lie back down to catch a few more winks. The second your alarm goes off it is the most critical moment in getting up early.

4. Proceed directly to the coffee pot of caffeinated drink of choice.

5. Be prepared to feel absolutely miserable for about ten to fifteen minutes. But the misery soon turns into pure gladness as your experience the delight of meeting with God and reap the benefits the rest of the day. Fifteen minutes of misery is certainly worth fifteen-plus hours of peace and productivity.

6. Remember that our bodies eventually respond to a standard wake-up time. In other words, it gets easier.

Though I don’t think I’m going to go to the extreme of rising at 5am, I do think that I’m going to begin making better use of my time in the morning rather then using that time to sleep and rush out the door.

Hopefully this was all encouraging and convicting as it was to me!

Daily Bible Verse:

Ephesians 5:15-16-“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.”

1 comment:

Lana said...

Thank you so much for sharing from the Mahaney girls book, as well as your humility in confessing where you struggle. I am definitely in the same boat! Here's to getting up earlier, by the grace of God and for His glory!