Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm Thankful for My Family


I thought I would tell you all a little bit about each member of my family and the blessing that each of them have been to me. Enjoy!


Dad- Dad is the ultimate dad… Not only is he fun to hang out and joke around with but, he is a VERY and I mean a VERY Godly man. He leads his family in a God honoring way and is always looking for what is best for them. He is always faithful to follow and do what God is calling him to as he devotes himself to God in every situation he is going through. He encourages all his children to be more like Christ and has spurred me on ever since I was little to follow Christ and not be drawn into the ways of the world. He rejoices for everything God has given to him and never complains about what God has given him. Whether it is work or finances, he always has his trust in God.

Mom- Oh dear, where do I begin? This lady…. well let’s just say she is the ULTIMATE Proverbs 31 women. I have never met anyone in my life that joyfully submits to her husband, serves her family, and trusts God more then my mom does. She is someone I am striving to be like one day when I grow up and have my own family!

Jonathan- Something that I appreciate about Jonathan is that he has a fear of God. He is always honest with others and doesn’t worry about what others think of him.

Amber- Amber has always been such a blessing to me! Even from a young age, I have always looked up to her as a role model of someone’s footsteps I want to follow in. She has such a passion to glorify the Lord! Her passion to honor him in all she thinks, says, and does has been such a wonderful example to me.

Joshua- One thing that I love about Joshua is that he has a very sweet and caring heart. He has the biggest and greatest imagination of everyone in my family and is always the one coming up with new ideas.

Victoria- Victoria is always a very joyful person. Almost every time I walk into the room she is in I catch her laughing. This joyful heart encourages me to cultivate one as well.

Karah- Karah is the person in the family that one would go to in need of a hug. She is always very tender and caring at heart. Don’t get me wrong though… You most definitely don’t want to get her mad!



Well, that’s my family for ya! As you can tell, I love each and every one of them dearly. I don’t even know where to begin to thank God for the blessing my family is and has been to me!

Daily Bible Verse:

Psalm 106:1-“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!”

3 comments:

Jenn Romanski said...

so precious candance! thanks for setting an example of having a grateful heart-especially at this time of year.

overthinker said...

this post series is a brilliant idea. thanks for sharing about your family. your love for them is evident in the kind encouraging words you said about them.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more Candace. Thanks for taking the time to encourage and honor your family like that. You should let them all read this.