Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Happiness and Thanksgiving

As I sit here and meditate on all that God has given to me… A wonderful Church, a family that I get to spend Thanksgiving with, and friends that I can count on to hold me accountable when I am sinning and ultimately not honoring God, all I can do is thank God for being so gracious to bless me with all the things that I mentioned above.

Since Thanksgiving is next week I thought it would be fun to tell you all, all the blessings God has given to me and all the events that took place this past year that I am undeserving of and thankful for.

I don’t think it is a coincidence that I have been reading 1 Samuel for my devotions every morning. The 2nd chapter of 1 Samuel starts off with Hannah exalting God with praise and Thanksgiving and ultimately finding a happy heart in Him. I have been so convicted of how often I fail to find a happy heart in the Lord when I need to offer up things to Him instead of worrying and dwelling on them myself.

1 Samuel 2:1-2 says, “My heart exults in the Lord; my strength is exalted in the Lord. My mouth derides my enemies, because I rejoice in your salvation. There is none Holy like the Lord; there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God.”

When I think upon and converse with thee ten thousand delightful thoughts spring up, ten thousand sources of pleasure are unsealed, ten thousand refreshing joys spread over my heart, crowding into every moment of happiness. I bless thee for the should thou hast created, for adoring it, sanctifying it, though it is fixed in barren soil; for the body thou hast given me, for preserving its strength and vigour, for providing sense to enjoy delights, for the ease and freedom of my limbs, for social joy of relatives and friends, for ability to serve others, for a heart that feels sorrows and necessities, for opportunities of spreading happiness around, for loved one in the joys of heaven, for my own expectation of seeing thee clearly. I love thee above the powers of language to express, for what thou art to thy creatures. Increase my love, O my God, through time and eternity. –Valley of Vision-

Please join me as I give thanks to God for all He has given to me and done for me in this past year!

Daily Bible Verse:

Psalm 79:13-“But we your people, the sheep of your pasture, we will give thanks to you forever; from generation to generation we will recount you praise

No comments: