Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

He Givith More Grace

1 Peter 5:10-“’My grace is sufficient for you’. God, who is the ‘God of all grace’”

He givith more grace when the burdens grow greater;
He sendeth more grace when the labours increase;
To added affliction he addeth his mercy,
To multiplied trials, his multiplied peace.

When we have exhausted out store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half doe;
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
Our Father’s full giving is only begun.

His love has not limits; his grace has no measure,
His power has o boundary know unto me;
For out of his infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth, and giveth, ad giveth again.
-Annie Johnson Flint-

May I urge you to read this poem slowly, reflectively, and prayerfully. Apply its message to your own burdens, afflictions, and trials. Ask God to make its truth real to you in your particular situation. I have in my own life and it has helped me tremendously! Remember to always be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus!

“This is the amazing story of God’s grace. God saves us by His grace and transforms us more and more into the likeness of His Son by His Grace. In all our trials and afflictions, He sustains and strengthens us by His grace. He calls us by grace to perform our own unique function within the Body of Christ. Then, again by grace, He gives to each of us the spiritual gifts necessary to fulfill our calling. As we serve Him He makes that service acceptable to Himself by grace, and then rewards us a hundredfold by grace.” Jerry Bridges


Daily Bible Verse:

Ephesians 3:8-9“To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things.”

No comments: