Treasuring His Word

Psalm 94:19, 22- “When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul...the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.”

Monday, November 5, 2007

Trusting God

I can’t believe that another month has gone by. It seems like just yesterday was October 1st. I am glad that the holidays are fast approaching. I love this time of the year as I get to enjoy being with my family and spend time in the kitchen with my mom cooking up hot pots of soup or fall dishes that normally aren’t made other times of the year.

Over the weekend I went to the Gator and had a bon fire with the singles from my Church on Saturday night and brought back some of our middle school days and played an interesting game of telephone, watched the Jags get a spanking on Sunday and then went and played volley ball in the freezing cold weather, followed by hot chocolate. Overall it was a great weekend filled with Gods grace. Here are a few pictures from the Gator game......




Well, Enough about that!

My singles group at Church is going through the book “Trusting God” by Jerry Bridges on Sunday nights. I’m not even through the first chapter yet and have already begun to be convicted of my lacking in the area of trusting God. Most of the time it’s easy for me to think I have my trust in God but, deep down inside, most of the time I’m not trusting Him. I thought it would be a good idea to do a re-cap of a chapter once a week.

Stay tuned for the upcoming posts!

Daily Bible Verse:

Psalm 25:1-2-“To you, O Lord I lift up my soul. O my God, in you I trust; let me not be put to shame; let not my enemies exult over me.

No comments: